Tactical FPS – Unreal Engine 4 – 2015
During summer 2015, I did a four-month internship at Streum On Studio as a Level Designer and Sound Designer. Streum On Studio is a French game development studio that created E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy and Space Hulk: Deathwing.
Space Hulk: Deathwing is a Tactical First Person Shooter based on Game Workshop‘s board game Space Hulk, set in the Warhammer 40.000 universe. The game was developed on Unreal Engine 4 and released on PC in 2016 and Playstation 4 in 2018.
What I did
Level Design Mission: Worked on a singleplayer chapter of the game.
• Level 2D Layout and document according to pre-production documents (scenario, assets and objectives constraints).
• Level Building in Unreal Engine 4 using modular assets.
• AI Integration: ennemies placement and navigation (setting up navmesh with different navmesh areas and navmesh link so Genestealers can travel through vents, jump over gaps and crawl on walls).
• Mission set-up: defining and setting up the mission objectives.
Sound Design Mission: Created and integrated sounds for the all the singleplayer campaign maps.
• Set up the sound integration pipeline (sound spatialization, attenuations and reverbs).
• Sound Design with Reaper.
• Integration in Unreal Engine 4.